Language Level Test
Take a language test and get a certificate
Our online language assessment is a quick and easy test to help you check your current English level.
Most online language tests only test some, or part, of your ability.
They are not personalised, and often don't test your speaking at all!
- which is what most people really want to know!
Our test will assess you on ALL your skills.
For speaking you will specifically receive confirmation of your range of vocabulary, grammar, fluency, level of interaction, and pronunciation skills.
This is in addition to an assessment of your writing, listening, and reading abilities.
Take our online test to check your true level, to show others that you can use the language flexibly and effectively for social, academic, and professional purposes.
Test your language skills via a personalised test
- speaking, listening, reading, and writing -
Get a certificate as confirmation of your level
according to the
Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR)
A1 - Beginner
At the A1 CEFR level, a language learner can:
- Understand and use very basic expressions to satisfy concrete needs.
- Introduce themselves and ask others questions about personal details.
- Interact simply as long as the other person speaks slowly and clearly.
A2 - Elementary
At the A2 CEFR level, a language learner can:
- Understand frequently used expressions in most intermediate areas such as shopping, family, employment, etc.
- Complete tasks that are routine and involve a direct exchange of information.
- Describe matters of immediate need in simple terms.
B1 - Intermediate
At the B1 CEFR level, a language learner can:
- Understand points regarding family, work, school or leisure-related topics.
- Deal with most travel situations in areas where the language is spoken.
- Create simple texts on topics of personal interest.
- Describe experiences, events, dreams, and ambitions, as well as opinions or plans in brief.
B2 - Upper Intermediate
At the B2 CEFR level, a language learner can:
- Understand the main ideas of a complex text such as a technical piece related to their field.
- Spontaneously interact without too much strain for either the learner or the native speaker.
- Produce a detailed text on a wide range of subjects.
C1 - Advanced
At the C1 CEFR level, a language learner can:
- Understand a wide range of longer and more demanding texts or conversations.
- Express ideas without too much searching.
- Effectively use the language for social, academic or professional situations.
- Create well-structured and detailed texts on complex topics.
C2 - Proficiency
At the C2 CEFR level, a language learner can:
- Understand almost everything read or heard with ease.
- Summarize information from a variety of sources into a coherent presentation.
- Express themselves using precise meaning in complex scenarios.
A collective effort from the whole team at the English Language Lab.
It's a 3 step process
Online - via Skype:
1. A speaking test - an extended conversation with one of our teachers.
2. A listening test - controlled by our teachers following the speaking test.
3. Reading & writing tests - sent to you to complete and return for checking
Once complete, you get your certificate within 24 hours
It costs just €40!
Click HERE to book!